torstai 3. toukokuuta 2012

I got this new device called TC Helicon Voicelive Play GTX (Such a hefty name they gave to it). Anyway, it has an option for a footswitch. Helicon themselves are selling one for 40-50€. After some research I decided it was too much for a box of metal, eight wires, one stereo jack, two diodes and three momentary switches. So I decided to make one on my own. Out of scrap wood, of course.

The components for the thing cost 2,40€ at SP-Elektroniikka. Unfortunately, they only had plastic push button switches. Might have to ebay something sturdier some day.

The schematics is easy enough for anybody with a soldering iron. Here is more information of making the thing.

I made the "pedal" by gluing three 10mm pieces of redwood together, then routing a cavity in the middle, slanting the box with belt sander and gluing on the cocobolo "top". After the electronics were soldered in place, I sealed everything with a cedrela odorata baseplate.

And here is how it looks like.
Hi-tech and lo-tech side by side. The top is cocobolo, body is figured redwood and baseplate is cedar. 

Sorry about the plastic knobs. They hurt my eyes, but do the job exceptionally

Recessed jack and an oops-hole.

Ei kommentteja: